Thursday, April 14, 2011

Diaper bag with an owl twist! Preview for "P"









Every time I look at this fabric I adore it more and get sappy thinking about my friend who is moving soon (she bought it for me in New York as the ultimate treat for me!). It's a sturdy, home dec fabric and it makes truly cute bags!




"P" had this diaper bag made for her friend "A" who adopted a baby girl! "P" sent me pictures of the deliriously adorable nursery that "A" put together for her new daughter. I fell in love with it all and really started looking forward to making a bag for her.




"A" loves owls so I made her a (removable) charm to attach to her bag. Usually I put beads on the charms but while I was designing the shape I thought it would be great to have something "baby" friendly that her daughter could play with, squish or whatever she wants. I know all three of my kids grabbed at my purse endlessly. I have visions of me giving them my mascara, keys, checkbook- anything that was not dangerous that would keep them occupied for just a few minutes. So this is all fabric, all soft, all bendable, and all ready for "A"'s new baby to play with if she is so inclined!




"A"- I hope you love all of the joys of being a Mommy!! Even the tough things about it are beautiful!! "P"- I have loved talking to you ;). Thanks for having me make her a special gift!




xo-


holly


Diaper bags are $65


Owl charms are $7

2 comments:

  1. ADORE THIS! Besides being the coolest fabric ever, it is a gorgeous bag and I love owls! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete