Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A peek into my studio so I can share my thrift store find!


Calling it my "studio" is a joke you would get if you know me....because my studio is half of our living room, not a quiet, serene place for me to work. The quality time that my husband and I spend together after the kids are in bed consists of me, sewing away......him, peacefully watching any sport that is on. If I ever moved my "studio" to another location I would lose the only time I get to spend with my husband- so in the living room I will stay!

That being said, space is TIGHT up in here! I feel like I'm in a perpetual state of reorganizing my space to handle my newly made patterns (I can't tell you how excited I am to see how many patterns I have designed over the past years!!), more and more fabrics that I get in and my precious drawings and notes from my kids that absolutely MUST be placed on my walls (there is not much wall left).

So when I walked into the Goodwill the other day and found this glorious Pottery Barn piece that fits perfectly folded fabric so beautifully....I swooned. It's even in perfect condition and cost $12!! Yippee!!

It couldn't possibly hold a fraction of my fabric but I can keep just enough for inspiration and it looks so cute next to one of my paintings they look like they were made for each other ;).

xoxo!
holly

1 comment:

  1. I love your painting so much! Did you paint that yourself? You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete