Sunday, May 9, 2010

Yvette's Small Satchel bag!!









I have been dying to make a purse for Yvette- I love her wit (see her blog at http://yvette-unedited.blogspot.com/) and totally adored talking to her when she was writing an article about my business (see http://www.examiner.com/x-10270-Pasco-County-Parenting-Examiner~y2010m3d5-Artistic-Pasco-mom-creates-a-stir-with-oneofakind-handbags). It really has been a pleasure getting to know her more recently!! I had never exactly "met" her though so I couldn't really surprise her with something.
When we talked about her style she gave me something that I don't usually get......hobo, hippie, not fru-fru, urban, didn't need a large bag (seriously- rarely hear that. It seems like we all always need more space!!) just enough room for her book (she has time to read!! she's a goddess to me already!) so I was completely intrigued and was more than excited to work on it!!!
My style is more similar to hers than "girly" but still not exactly like Yvettes....the hardest and most fun part of my "job" is making MY style mesh with YOUR style and I was more than ready to see what I could come up with.
As you can see, the bag has a long messenger strap that will be ultra-comfy and hands free. This is not a heavy bag that you can fit the world into...it is sleek and functional.
I have been really looking forward to mixing these fabrics for the past several months but I never found a project that totally fit but i felt inclined to take a chance on Yvette- when I walked in to meet her for lunch the day that I gave the purse to her I knew in an instant that my instinct was right!! She was going to knock this purses socks off- she was SO cute and yes, very urban-hippy in an exotic, gorgeous kind of way. I was SUPER happy with how well it "fit" her and I think she feels the same way!
Just a little FYI- I still work from patterns sometimes but more and more often I make my own patterns. This bag is 100% Yvettes! Thank you so much Yvette for the inspiration and your magnetic personality. I hope there are more lunch dates to follow!!
xoxo-
holly
Yvette's Small Satchel bag is $42.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE MY BAG! I seriously love it! I took it to Chicago and it fit everything I needed and was still sleek and comfy enough to carry around town.

    It's totally my style! You did such a great job! Thanks again!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete