Sunday, January 30, 2011




I don't post personal stuff too often on my blog but I have a few coming up that are just too good not to share. A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of going to the first sewing circle event that some fabulous friends of mine and I pulled together and it was pure heaven! Wine, friends and making stuff.....mmmmm...makes me smile just thinking about it.
When I arrived home that night my husband shared this shirt with me. Our now 4 year old daughter (she turns 4 today!) had spent a couple of hours while I was gone "making" Daddy a fantastic shirt. She yanked down a sweater of his out of our closet, climbed up into my accessories bowl and found herself an entire packet of bobby pins and this out-of-control, amazingly cute and clever, bobby-pinned Daddy shirt is what she emerged with.
The creativity our little girl has always astonishes me. I watch how often she is drawing and painting and I would say a good average is 5 hours a day that she spends making stuff (about the same as I do!) I'm so thankful that God has blessed us both with the passion to create and I sure hope that help keeps us close as both of us get older.


1 comment: