Sunday, January 16, 2011

Playing dress up with fairy tale classics- Little Bo Peep costume



My friend Jenn brought up to me a couple of months ago how cool it would be to get dress up clothes that were not always Disney princesses, made of itchy fabric and usually downright tacky...instead inspired by the original fairy tales and classically pretty and fun.I was HOOKED by the idea and have spent the past weeks pouring over fairy tale books, dissecting my daughter's dress up clothing and looking at costume patterns.

I plan on doing several characters (if you have any ideas with one you would like to see please email me!) but Little Bo Peep was always at the top of my list. I noticed how dress up "pants" were lacking in my own daughters dress up arsenal. I also realized that my daughter is completely nuts about wearing aprons when she is playing tea party so I thought Bo Peep was a great place to start!

Everything about the outfit is easy-peasy- the pants are lightweight and elastic so young ladies can get them on and off with no problem. It can easily be washed, it's all cotton and very soft and comfy.

I really want to keep these reasonable because I don't think dress up outfits should cost a fortune ;) and role playing is such a rich experience for children. I also think they will make wonderful and unique birthday gifts (which is what this order is for) so I don't want to price them out of that range. I hope to keep all of them around $35-$45, most of them in the high $30 range.

Little Bo Peep comes with the pants and the full apron- the white shirt underneath is NOT included. Little Bo Peep will be $42.


I hope your birthday friend enjoys this "M"!!! Now I need to find the time to make one for your little "m" because I KNOW she will appreciate it ;). Xoxo- holly







2 comments:

  1. Love it..when can I put an order in for an Alice in Wonderland Costume for Jana's 7th Birthday in August....we'll talk more real time :)

    ReplyDelete