Thursday, April 7, 2011

my baby loves to paint


I just want to quickly share the joy that I get out of my almost 2 year old screaming at me a majority of the day "I Paint!?" "I Paint!?"...it sounds much more like "I pay!! I pay!!" but I know what he is begging me for.

We paint- a LOT. We paint every day, usually more than once a day. I worry that I overdose my kids with art sometimes and then I hear the incessant screaming "I pay!???" and I know there is never enough time for kids to be creative.

I started teaching again these past weeks at my friend Karen's amazing school and when I walked in the first day I heard my kindergarten kids squealing and shouting "Yay!!!" because they were told class with me was about to begin (yes, I am totally bragging that a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds like me!! ;)) and after my ego wore off a little, it hit me how precious the time is that kids have to push boundaries and play with materials and just make "stuff".

There are a ton of wonderful blogs to follow that will inspire you with art activities to do at home with your kids but one of my faves is The Artful Parent- http://www.artfulparent.typepad.com/

If you have a little one- check it out! Be inspired and give your kids ample time and freedom to create. Soon I will post an outstanding quote that talks about how art making transends into other areas of your child's learning.

My next post is back to sewing- thanks for reading my painting rant!

God bless you all!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are blogging again! I miss it! How am I going to survive Richmond without you, my friend? Promise me you'll blog weekly! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My babies miss painting with you!! I miss my babies painting with you!! I promise to let my kids do more creative things in your absence. :)

    ReplyDelete