Friday, August 6, 2010

The Patti Ann Purse




Mmmmmmm- my sister, I love that girl so much. Through thick and thin she is always my closest friend. Her birthday came and went in July and of course, I wasn't completely done with her gift. I finally sent this one to her this afternoon. I can only hope that she is not sick of getting purses for every occasion!! She is 4 years younger than me, much more composed ;) and is the kindest person on the face of the earth. She lives far away from me and there are certain days that my stomach hurts because I'm missing my nephew's life. The Lord knows I would smother him if I lived near him!!!
My nephew is now a toddler and my sister no longer needs a diaper bag so I brought the size down a bit from what she is used to. She wasn't too concerned with lots of outside pockets and her only request was that it zipped shut- so toddler nephew could be kept out of her stuff ;). There are two tiny pockets on each end of the bag to shove her keys in if she needs to grab them quickly.
Since my sis knows me well- being smothered in paint most of my waking moments- I knew she would be adventurous enough to handle me adding my hand painted fabric to her bag. I snuck it in on the tiny end pockets and I had glorious time working it in her scheme. I hope she remembers how crazy I am about her every time she uses it!!
Patti, I love you so much sweetheart- if I was half the person you are then I would be satisfied!! You are an angel. xoxo-
Holly
The Patti Ann Purse is $48.....if you would flatter me enough to ask me to hand paint fabric for you as well it would be an additional $8.

1 comment:

  1. Being the owner of the purse (and very proud sister of the creator of it) I have to say it's my favorite Holly has made me thus far - and she's made me lots of bags. I love the outside pockets. They are perfect for my keys and sun glasses to fit in snuggly, so they won't fall out. The size is just right for me to fit everything I need (even a juice box or two). The pockets inside keep me organized and still allow for easy access. Of course the hand painted fabric is the best part because I get to carry a little bit of my sister with me always. She will always and forever be my best friend and greatest example. I love you Holly and miss you everyday.

    ReplyDelete