Sunday, February 28, 2010

A convertible strap purse for Lara!! Learning something new every day!




Once again, I get a new request that gives me a little epiphany on what I can do with handbags! When I was going over Lara's "old (pre-Laci Jean)" purse with her and getting her feedback on what she loves and what she would change about it she told me the most important thing was having two different lengths for her straps. One had to be long enough to use as a crossover and then one that she could just yank over her shoulder. Hallelujah! I had never thought about that myself. When it turned out undeniable cute I was even more thrilled!!
The fabric she chose rocks too- I was only going to use it on aprons but it has a great retro-modern thing going on when I used it on this purse.
I was so excited that Lara ordered a bag from me (secretly hoping we could trade services because my kids will love me if they get more KidzClub trips!!!) because I respect her so much for all that she does for her community and local moms. I participated in the KidzClub Holiday Market Night in December TOTALLY at the last minute....I truly was a mini disaster and asked Lara if I could get in on it I think the day before the event. Then I couldn't drop my stuff off at the appropriate time and I even arrived late but not once did she seem annoyed or make me feel unwelcome. She is always warm, helpful and totally supportive. I am sure she understands that running your own business while raising children is like climbing Mount Everest backwards but man, she makes running hers AND helping others at the same time look easy!!
You are a great source of inspiration Lara! Thank you for everything-I truly loved making this for you!!!
Lara's purse is $42 without the crossover handle and $45 with the addition of the extra handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment