Thursday, February 25, 2010

Seriously classic- seriously functional- SUPER gorgeous.






I started this business by gift making- really- I made gifts for my girlfriends and it spiraled into a word of mouth, heaven of a job for me. I can remember several years of praying that I would be able to somehow use my creativity and still be able to stay home with my children and watching my answer unfold is amazing to me!!

The way that I approach each order is as if I am still making a friend a gift.....a little bit of her- a little bit of me- and hopefully something perfect for that person in the end.

This is not a purse that I would have probably put together on my own which makes me love it even more when I look at it- it's absolutely gorgeous!! Whenever I emailed "J" I felt like she was right in my living room because we worked so closely together on every detail. I got so excited about her being involved in the process that I got into taking "in progress" photos of the pieces that I was working on at the time (bear with me if in the next weeks I show how I make one....probably boring to most of you but nonetheless thrilling to me!). Because of "J"'s requests- this bag is 100% hers. The only pattern of it is right here in my little house- clearly, there will be no mass production as long as I have three kids under the age of 5- and I hope that makes it extra special to her! I had a hard time with the lighting so I didn't get good photos of the inside- which has 6 pockets (I think) and a divider down the middle. The outside of the bag is a little decieving as to what this thing has going on in the inside! I definitely have to name this bag after "J" but honestly, my brain is fried right now so my creativity is used up and I have no good ideas for the name. When I come up with one I will update the blog. If anyone has any ideas- feel free to send them to me!

"J"- you were wonderful to work with! I loved your attention to every detail and the energy that you brought into it all. I LOOOOOOVE how beautiful it turned out and it's SO you! Thank you so much and I look forward to picking your brain for more projects :).


Jenn A.'s shoulder bag is $48






2 comments: