Monday, February 8, 2010

Oooo- a waterproof purse!! (Carolyn's carry-all)















If you live at all in the sewing world you will recognize this recently released laminated fabric from Amy Butler- it's gorgeous and the possibilities are endless. It's completely wipeable and water resistant. I'm working on a bib made from it as well that I'll write about shortly.

My great friend, Miss Jenn, had a perfect thought to make a waterproof purse for her mother in law, Carolyn, for her birthday!! One of my favorite qualities about Jenn is that she really does focus when you are having a conversation and she picks gifts based on what she has picked up on in discussions with her. Whenever she asks me to make something for a friend she can recall a laundry list of reasons why that person could use the item. She is so darn sweet.

Carolyn works as a water therapist (I know that's probably not her exact title but you get the gist) and if you met her you would know immediately that she does something nurturing as a job. She is SUPER comforting and kind. Every time she comes to visit I am pregnant or with a newborn and she always lends a hand to help me even though she has her own grandchildren vying for her attention. She is a DREAM of a mother in law and I know that Jenn loves her like crazy. I get excited for Jenn every time I know that she is on her way to visit- they are terrific friends and her grandchildren are bonkers for her!!!

If I remember correctly, Carolyn is quite a successful seamstress herself so I surely hope she thinks I did an OK job :)! Jenn is hoping this will be the perfect tote for her to carry to the poolside while she works and she will not have to worry about it getting ruined. It has ample pockets inside, one large, easily accessed pocket on the outside and would also make a glorious beach bag.

I have to say- most things that I make I really want to keep! This one.....I want to keep it BAD.

Happy birthday Carolyn!! and I love you Jenn!

Oh yah- these will cost $46.


1 comment:

  1. I *love* this bag! It would be perfect for the beach! I think you need to bring a couple of these to the next Mommyista...and set up an online store!

    Yvette
    Pasco County Parenting (examiner.com)
    Yvette...unedited (blogspot)

    ReplyDelete