Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Christiane Tote



Don't have much time to write tonight- my husband has been really sick for the past several days (is FINALLY on the mend) and I have realized that me teaching, sewing, raising three kids and keeping us all functioning is NOT something that I can do on my own for very long! My hubby is SUPER helpful and this has been a little smack in the face that I need to recognize that more ;).
So, as always- I'm playing catch up right now.
My sweetheart of a girlfriend who I could not live without just had her birthday on Tuesday. I remember when I first met her at church a few years back it was just a month or two before her birthday. By the time her birthday came that year I was already glued to her and I love her more every day! God bless her, she STILL carries around that old beat up purse that I made her the first year of our friendship!
Christiane is the friend who will seriously move mountains if you need her- she is comfort personified. When I made this for her I got really sappy thinking about her qualities.....as my 5 year old describes tie dyed Silly Bandz.....this one is really RARE.
I start looking months in advance for fabric when I am making a birthday gift- my jaw hit the ground when I stumbled onto this one because it is SO "Christiane"!! I wanted to do something new for her so I played around with the edging structure, I ruched the handle casing and I braided that gorgeous handle because I knew she would eat it up! Christiane is knock out and is super model tall. Making purses for her is a sewing lover's dream because she makes everything she wears look incredible (yes, I am selfishly using her for advertising as well- I can't help it!) and I certainly wasn't let down when she threw this one over her shoulder. I love you so much honey!!! Happy, happy birthday!
This tote is roomy, sturdy and sleek all in one. I lined Christiane's inside with one large pocket on one side and a line of three smaller pockets on the other side but they can be customized to your needs, as always. Christiane loves a long handle but it can be made shorter or longer as well.
My goodness, I write much longer than I intended- I'm off to sew!
The Christiane Tote is $58







3 comments:

  1. This is so stunning! Perfect for Christiane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh my gosh..I mean have you seen anyone near the talents of this lady? Uhh I think not! I am so super happy with my bag...I want to carry it all over..even IN my house! What I love most about it..is it is made with LOVE...for me...especially! That's what sets these purses apart from the rest....her love, her passion...so AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric is so beautiful! I adore it! Great gift!

    ReplyDelete