Thursday, October 21, 2010

Here kitty, kitty!








I had to put the silly pose of my daughter in this costume because she is such a joker the entire time I take pictures of her......I take 100 and I'm thrilled if I get 4 that are decent.


So, this kitty costume is for little "L". She turns 5 tomorrow ;) and she is a fantastic child!! I was blessed with the opportunity to have her in my summer art program and she blew me away every class. She was incredibly engaged and always pushed her materials as far as she wanted them to go- it was awesome just to stand back and watch her experience what she was making! She wanted to try everything and was like a little scientist trying this and trying that- I can assure you that I loved every second of it!!! She was a joy to have and I'm always after her mother to get her back in my class ;).


At first. "L" wanted to be a mermaid.....then she wanted to be a bat......and she finally settled on a cat that she wanted inspired by her absolutely adorable kitty candy holder/purse thing that is in the bottom picture (I am totally copying that idea for candy bags next year!!). I had an BLAST making it!! I have to admit- making things for a child is more intimidating than for an adult. I'm crossing my fingers that when "L" opens her costume it is everything that she had imagined!!! I know when my own daughter put it on she flicked that cat tail around and around and just repeated "I'm a kitty....I'm a kitty.....I'm a kitty........." .
I'm so tired! Off to bed-
xoxo,
holly

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling you could make these in adult sizes and make a killing!! LOL! Just sayin'...some ladies like to get their animal print on!

    ReplyDelete