Friday, October 15, 2010

More Yvette slings and a preview for "A"



I am still getting orders for a ton of these slings lately and sadly, still have not had the time to make on for myself :(. Is it normal to be jealous of the person who is getting the item that you are making for them?? The bottom one was for Jen A- who has inspired me to make her own travel line because her ideas are so phenomenal (see the right side of my blog posts for the pieces I've done so far)! I have finally settled on and made the pattern for her weekender bag and I'm hoping to have some time to see it come together soon! Jen let me pick fabric this time and I was nervous!! So glad that she loved it- I miss seeing you more often Jen!
The top sling is for "A". Sweet "A" worked with me through my stint with walking pneumonia and some tough times in our family life these past few weeks.....needless to say when I was almost finished with her purse....just putting the completed lining in- it hit me that I may have made the wrong style! I frantically sent her an email asking what style she had really wanted (totally professional) and thank heavens I made the correct one but.... whew! I promise I am not usually this scatterbrained ;). As for all of you that have dealt with me lately- thank you as well!!! ;) You are very kind "A"- I'm so thrilled with the fabrics that you picked and love how you defined your style sense for me.....I hope it is exactly what you were thinking of!
Xoxo to all of you-
Yvette New York Slings are $55







2 comments:

  1. Girl...I am going to request a commission from these bags! ;) Seriously, though, I love this bag SOOOO much! I'm totally digging the fabric for "A"'s bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I forgot to tell you I went to JoAnn's to get that Kas fabric (A's bag) and totally changed my mind about putting it on the chair! Ha! But that line has that really graphic red print, so I think I am going to put that on the chair. Just don't know where I can fit that bird print in but I must have it in my life!!

    ReplyDelete