Monday, October 4, 2010

Butterfly costume-I love me some "A"!!




After a very draining, emotional week in our family life I am left with a very short period of time to write. I've had these pictures for about a week now though and I've been dying to get them up.


My language of love is making things for people- "A" happens to be one of my daughter's closest friends and I worship her!! She doesn't have a bad bone in her body and her sweetness is magnetic! I was so excited to make her a Halloween costume so when she was over for a play date one afternoon I immediately snagged her to brainstorm with me on what she wanted to "be". I let her look over my patterns and we laid out all of my fabrics for her to look over and this is the ensemble that we ended up with.


She couldn't make it look any better- adorable with a capital A!!!


The wings are just from the Dollar Tree by the way (alas!)


Tutu skirts are $30

full costume with cape is $45.......I CAN make wings but those would be additional.....or I can embellish some Dollar Tree wings for next to nothing ;).





2 comments:

  1. This turned out so fabulous! I had seen the skirt and that alone was cute enough...but put it all together and it is a show stopper! Great costume for a sweet little gal like A! :)

    ReplyDelete