Monday, March 15, 2010

Jen A's travel line!!!












I have more ideas than I will ever possibly get to in my lifetime but the GREAT thing about working out someone else's idea is 1- it's not mine so it comes from a different perspective and 2- I actually DO it because someone pays me to :). Jen A. also had the "seriously classic, seriously gorgeous" post purse made all to her specifications and she is my new partner in purse making crime! She gave me such a awesome compliment when she ordered even more bags from me and said "I think I'm addicted!". Loved, loved, loved it!!




Even more exciting is that she got inspired to pick up her knitting that she learned a while back and she MADE me a scarf to say thank you for her bags!!! Reciprocating with handmade items.....hello, can I say heaven for me?? I love her even more by the second!




Onto this actual bag.....she is taking a ski trip and had a list of things that didn't work for her while she was traveling with her young son last time. She knew exactly what she wanted so I got all of the measurements she was wishing for and we poured over fabric together and this is what the final result was. A crossover, hip bag roughly 8 inches tall, 8 inches across and 3 inches wide. There are pockets inside for her phone and small items that she needs to take with her and small pocket outside (but still covered by the flap) to keep her ticket in and her ID. It closes with a big flap and a magnetic snap which will hopefully be very easy to access her essentials in the rush of the airport.


I have been asked many times for specialty bags for travel and I am hoping with Jen's input I will have an entire line of patterns for you to chose from. Stay tuned for the toiletry bag that I am almost finished with as well for Jen- it's so darn cute, I can't wait to see it completed! Since I am entirely UNcreative when it comes to making up names for my bags this whole line will just be Jen. A's travel line and this specific one is her Essential Hip Bag.


I can't wait to work my organic scarf Jen!! Even if it's 70 degrees I am still totally wearing it, I'm not waiting until next winter :).


The cost on this is $45.

3 comments:

  1. Holly - this is awesome! Congrats!
    Shannon Dempsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!!! Ok...so I've already ordered 3 bags. Am I addicted yet? haha
    My next order...a BEACH BAG with pockets for wallet, cell phone etc. :) What do you think Holly?
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete