Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mish mash.....


This is kind of a purse post- kind of not.
I found my daughter the other day going through really old VHS cassettes in a drawer. She (being a part of me) turned the VHS into a purse- who wouldn't think that glossy strip of tape wasn't a perfectly placeD handle for her tiny arm?? Thankfully it wasn't an old video of my childhood. We had an extensive argument following this photo that the VHS definitely was NOT a purse to no avail- she carried it around that way for the remainder of the day......I loose again.
A thing about sweet, wonderful, into-everything, 9 month old babies is that it is very difficult to get anything done with the older children you may have. I pray almost every night that I need to find more balance between baby's needs and my other children's needs....it's exhausting. While playing reading games one long afternoon my 4 year old decided that he had enough (!) of his brother crawling all over his carefully placed writing- after all, Mom was passing out jelly beans for every 3 words spelled!! So he drew a line on his board and wrote "No Mason"....the humor of it all struck me hard. How we all live together....wanting to be together but all needing some space/time/place of our own and none of us getting it :). Life as a family just cracks me up sometimes. The written sign fell on deaf ears and soon "No Masin" was smudged just like all of the other words from being crawled all over but it was so funny to me that I had to document it.

No comments:

Post a Comment